One of my goals for this year is to prioritize more me-time for myself. Using this time to focus on myself and the things I love – one of these is cooking & baking and trying out new recipes.
I hosted our bookclub for dinner last week and this was a perfect opportunity to get into the kitchen. I found the easy family recipe for one of my favorite dessert dishes…
- 4 egg whites
- 290ml castor sugar
- 30ml vinegar
- 2ml salt
- 60ml cornflour
- 3ml vanilla
- Whip 250ml fresh cream until it thickens.
- Add 60ml castor sugar and 2-3 drops of vanilla.
- Continue whisking until cream holds its shape.
- Set oven at 135’C
- Add egg white to mixing bowl, add salt and whisk until stiff.
- Add sugar 15ml at a time, whisking until stiff after each addition.
- Add cornflour, vinegar and vanilla and beat well after each addition, until the mixture stands in a stiff peak.
- pile meringue mixture on to the prepared baking sheet, shaping it into a flat circle about 3cm thick.
- Back for 75 minutes.
- Remove carefully and gently peel off the paper.
- Fill with cream and fresh fruit and drizzle with dark chocolate.
- Serve and enjoy!