A little sweet flavour is introduced in our recipe challenge this week with Claudz and Simply Delicious.
Week Four – Chocolate Truffle Tarts
for the crust
- 350g oreo biscuits
- 50g melted butter
for the filling
- 1.5 cups of cream
- 300g dark chocolate, chopped
- 5ml vanilla extract
- 2 extra large eggs
for the glaze
- 100g dark chocolate
- 30ml cream
- 30ml honey/corn syrup
- 30ml boiling water
- Pre-heat the oven to 180′ and grease 8 mini tart cases.
- To make the crust, crush the oreo biscuits in a food processor until they are very fine.
- Add the melted butter and blend until the resemble damp sand.
- Press the crust into the tart cases and place on a large baking sheet.
|Oreo biscuit base
- Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- To make the filling – bring the cream to a simmer in a saucepan and pour over the chocolate. Allow to sit for 5 minutes before stirring until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Add the vanilla extract and stir.
- Beat in the eggs and mix well.
- Pour the filling into the tart cases (pour through a sieve). Place the tart in the oven and allow to bake for 7-10 minutes until the edges are firm but the centre is still wobbly (it will continue setting as it cools).
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- To make the glaze – heat the chocolate and cream together and stir until chocolate is melted.
- Add the honey/corn syrup and boiling water and still until well combined.
- Pour the glaze over the tarts and swirl to coat.
|Glazed and ready to set
- Place the tarts in the fridge for an hour before serving.
- Serve with fresh raspberries (and ice cream).