A little sweet flavour is introduced in our recipe challenge this week with Claudz and Simply Delicious.
Week Four – Chocolate Truffle Tarts
for the crust
- 350g oreo biscuits
- 50g melted butter
for the filling
- 1.5 cups of cream
- 300g dark chocolate, chopped
- 5ml vanilla extract
- 2 extra large eggs
for the glaze
- 100g dark chocolate
- 30ml cream
- 30ml honey/corn syrup
- 30ml boiling water
- Pre-heat the oven to 180′ and grease 8 mini tart cases.
- To make the crust, crush the oreo biscuits in a food processor until they are very fine.
- Add the melted butter and blend until the resemble damp sand.
- Press the crust into the tart cases and place on a large baking sheet.
|Oreo biscuit base|
- Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- To make the filling – bring the cream to a simmer in a saucepan and pour over the chocolate. Allow to sit for 5 minutes before stirring until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Add the vanilla extract and stir.
- Beat in the eggs and mix well.
- Pour the filling into the tart cases (pour through a sieve). Place the tart in the oven and allow to bake for 7-10 minutes until the edges are firm but the centre is still wobbly (it will continue setting as it cools).
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- To make the glaze – heat the chocolate and cream together and stir until chocolate is melted.
- Add the honey/corn syrup and boiling water and still until well combined.
- Pour the glaze over the tarts and swirl to coat.
|Glazed and ready to set|
- Place the tarts in the fridge for an hour before serving.
- Serve with fresh raspberries (and ice cream).
|Chocolate Truffle Tarts|
Verdict on this meal:
Pretty easy and no fuss to make
Very very rich
Don’t leave in the fridge for too long because then it becomes hard, not soft and gooey
delicious but fail on the texture