You’re required to answer 11 questions that the blogger who nominated you has set.
You then need to state 11 random facts about yourself.
You then need to mention other bloggers/blogs that inspire you or that you enjoy reading and nominate them.
Once you have nominated other bloggers, you then need to set your own 11 questions for them.
Once you have been nominated, thank the person that nominated you and post a link back to their blog if you feel so inclined.
What is something you’re afraid of? I am afraid of death. Yes, I know where I am going once I pass away but I am still afraid of going there, afraid of the unknown… I am also afraid of anyone close to me dying. I am not a very spiritual person, I am more a “seeing is believing and feeling” type of person. And I dread the day I will have to endure such pain and heart ache to miss a loved one.
What makes you smile? Love makes me smile, and everything about it. I love the way it makes me feel when I receive it and when I give it – in marriage, parenthood, family and friendships. It is the most magical, and warm and fuzzy feeling. It makes me feel good and puts a smile on my face.
What is your favorite smell? I love the smell of my hubs MC, the smell of our sweet baby girl SJ, the smell of warm baking bread, the smell of a delicious homemade vegetable soup, the smell of the salty ocean air and the smell of petrol (yes, I am weird like that!).
If money was no object, what would you do tomorrow? I would go on a year long trip around the world with my husband and child.
What one thing would you change if you had to do it over? As corny as it sounds, I firmly believe that all life’s experiences, memories and heartbreak mould and build you into the person that you are, ready and waiting for the next sweet moment or tricky challenge. I have had some tough moments growing up but I have learnt from them all and I am a stronger and better person for it.
If you could change your name, would you? Why? Why not? What would you change it to? My name is me. It is very unique. But it is not my favourite. I wouldn’t choose to change my own name but rather choose a different name for my own children.
What is the habit you are proudest of breaking or want to break? I wish I could break the habit of having no self-discipline when trying to diet and lose weight. But I am proud of myself of trying not to procrastinate – I have come very far from my school days (many mornings of cramming in last minute homework assignments before the lesson started!)
Chocolate or Vanilla? Chocolate
What is your favorite breakfast food? This is a tough one because I am not a big breakfast person but a few of my favourites are: bacon, egg and toast, mince on toast, French toast or pancakes, and continental salami and cheese on deli breads.
If you could be any age for a week, what age would that be? I have loved and embraced all ages in my (almost!) 28 years and I wouldn’t have any over again. I like being 27y10m this week.
What made you smile today? The cuteness of my little SJ’s face. She has the sweetest mannerisms and expressions and the most perfect features – I could stare and smile at her all day.
And now my 11 facts about me (some you may have heard many times before!):
1. My name is hyphenated.
2. The second part of my name, Jade is SJ’s second name.
3. I am a born and bred Durbanite.
4. I went to an all-girls school from Grade 1 – 12.
5. I am right-handed.
6. I believe I was born to be a mom.
7. My school subjects were: English, Afrikaans, Maths, Biology, Drama and Home Economics.
8. I sleep with at least one foot out the duvet.
9. I have been open water swimming with Sharks and I am not scared of them.
10. Chris Gayle, the West Indies cricketer is my favourite sportsman.
11. My start sign is Leo.
I am awarding the following talented ladies and their blogs for this award:
Nicole from La Mia Vita
Amber from Mr Thomas & Me
Tracy from Then I Got To Thinking
Valerie from Along the way With V & J
Che from Indieberries
Kristal from Sincerely Arizona
And my 11 questions for them lovelies:
1. When and why did you start blogging?
2. Who are your 3 favourite blogs, and why?
3. What is your honest opinion – good and bad – about my own blog?
4. What are tour 3 hobbies?
5. Name a song that best describes you.
6. Describe your first love – partner, family, friends, pets.
7. What is your favourite girls name and boys name?
8. Describe your ideal evening.
9. What is your view on sex before marriage (eeek, out of the comfort zone here!)?
10. Do you thin we would be real life friends, and why?
11. Name your favourite holiday destination, and why.
Be sure to stop by and visit the amazing blogs above – they are inspiring and always a great read!