I’ve been missing in action the past few Fridays but I’m back this week with a sort of Flashback Friday – back to two weeks ago when I celebrated my 30th birthday. Link up with Christina for Five on Friday and Karli for Oh Hey Friday!
1. Birthday High Tea. Our special Moms Group have made it an annual tradition to meet at The Oyster Box for their decadent high tea for our birthdays. A fun afternoon of friends, laughs, spoils, sparkling cupcakes, delicious food and champagne.
2. Birthday Spa Pamper. Another new favourite birthday tradition is to get a group of girls together that have all been spoilt with Oyster Box spa vouchers and pamper ourselves for the afternoon. Nothing better than a jacuzzi bath, Swedish full body massage and then a good catch up chat in the Relaxation Room.
3. Pre-Birthday Morning. Birthdays are a big deal in our house – I am the self proclaimed birthday queen and little SJ just loves the celebrations too. A birthday morning is now cake and candles in bed with balloons, singing, and present opening with our precious family. We did this a day early as I was booked on the red eye flight on my actual birthday…
4. Birthday Party. Turning 30 is a big deal for me – the end of one era and the start of a new decade and journey for me. As a milestone birthday, I planned a fun and fabulous party with my closest friends and family with a cute dress up theme too. It was an amazing night and I was blown away by those closest to me – their love and support, kind words and wishes and their awesome outfits.
5. Birthday Day. Unfortunately, the day before my birthday turned into a crazy day as SJ was diagnosed with her illness and admitted into hospital. A big shock for us all and a sudden change in plans. So we spent my actual birthday keeping her company in her hospital room – and my special hubs brought a new cake and candles and we could sing and celebrate again.