On the last day of the school holidays with teachers gifts being needed, chocolate chip cookies were the only answer. SJ and I spent the afternoon enjoying Baker Baker – although I’m not sure I was quite so patient with the “Are they ready yet Mom?” questions every thirty seconds!!
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180’C
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and baking soda, and set aside.
- In the electric mixer, combine the butter and both sugars. Beat on medium until light and fluffy.
- Reduce spped to low, add the salt, vanilla and eggs. Beat until well mixed, about 1 minute.
- Add flour mixture, mix until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop heaping tablespoon-size balls of dough on baking tray.
- Bake until cookies are golden around the edges, but still soft in the centre (about 8-12 minutes).
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 1-2 minutes on baking tray,
- Transfer onto wire rack and allow to cool completely.
*Recipe found here