First week of 2015 is all over – I just know that this year is going to fly by again… Far too quickly!
My first 2015 Five on Friday link up with Christina and friends, and Oh Hey Friday link up with Karli and Amy (and how cute is the new button?)
Our holiday to London
1. Our first international trip as a family of four. This is quite a big deal – especially with all our packing, traveling with a toddler and baby and an overnight flight. But we did it and it all went surprisingly well!
2. Family selfies. I am absolutely loving our family selfies lately and this holiday was no different – first world problems are having no one to take your family pictures when being tourists (except asking complete foreign strangers!) Both our girls love seeing themselves on the phone reverse screen and they grin and giggle almost all the time!
3. Hunter boots. Everyone laughed at me every time these beautiful red boots made their way on to my birthday, Christmas, Valentine’s, Mother;s Day and any-other-gift-giving-day wish lists. But they came in handy on this trip – freezing cold, wet weather and my feet were always warm and comfortable. And the red is just amazing (especially at Christmas time!)
4. Winter Wonderland. The best few hours of our trip. This place is AMAZING and completely overwhelming. So much food and sugar to eat, cute and scary and thrilling rides, every game and prize you can imagine, the cutest stalls and shops, so many lights and sounds. It was truly magical and we had so much fun!
5. Date night. Just once and only for 2 hours but so worth it. A crazy holiday with no help doesn’t allow for romantic nights away from the kids but this date night was one in a million. A tasty dinner, a heart to heart catch up, goals and visions for the year ahead, pats on the back for the year gone past, ice cream dessert in freezing cold weather and a 2km walk home hand in hand and stealing kisses… All loved up!
Holidays are good fun but there really is no place like home.