I am VERY excited for Friday this week because it means only two more sleeps until my hubs gets home!
As I sit at the start of a new year, dreaming of holidays… I remember a few of my favourites. Take me back right now!
1. Mauritius. This is one holiday that is ALWAYS one to remember. We have been lucky to have been four times already – once as an engaged couple, once when pregnant with SJ, another for best friends wedding and most recently, last year when pregnant with EN. And we cannot wait to get back – sunshine, beach, pools, cocktails, buffet, endless activities and 5 star luxury every time. Always a guaranteed break – rest and relaxation.
2. Phinda. This was the start of our honeymoon and it is crazy to think that in almost five years, we haven’t been back. For anyone visiting South Africa, Phinda is a bush lodge you cannot miss. Three days of early morning and late evening game drives, seeing the Big Five and all cats, outside showers and private pool, boma dinners and five star luxury.
3. Matemo, Mozambique. The second stop of our honeymoon. A tiny island off the coast of Mozambique with no airport and only a grass runway for our 8 seater plane. One resort on the whole island and almost no guests when we went so all the service, buffet and beach to ourselves. A week of tanning, swimming, eating, cocktails, dolphin and whale watching, and the afternoon naps in the hammock.
4. New York. The Big Apple has stolen my heart, forever. Our last holiday before having children and we did it all… Yankees baseball, Knicks basketball, Broadway musicals, Carlos bakery, non stop shopping, bike rides through Central Park, burgers and pancakes – what a holiday!
5. Disneyland, Florida. Oh to be a child again – we went as adults but acted like children. We went to every park, we went on almost every ride, we played games to win stuffed toys, we bought Disney memoirs, we watched fireworks and parades, we went on water park slides, and we ate ourselves into oblivion – pancakes and waffles, burgers and hotdogs, sodas and ice cream. We did not stop!
Anyone else need a holiday…