Following on from The Husband’s Secret, I decided to read another book by the same author. And another great read!
What Alice Forgot: Liane Moriarty
Title: What Alice Forgot
Author: Liane Moriarty
Genre: Romantic Comedy/Drama
- Alice – leading female who loses her memory from the last decade.
- Madison, Tom & Olivia – Alice’s 3 children (aged under 10)
- Nick – Alice’s husband
- Dominick – Alice’s boyfriend
- Gina – Alice’s deceased best friend
- Elisabeth – Alice’s older sister
- Frannnie – Alice’s honorary grandmother and neighbour
Alice goes to a Step Aerobics class and falls and hits her head. She regains consciousness and has no memory of the last decade. According to her, she is 29 years old, married to Nick, is pregnant with their first child and her best friend is her older sister, Elisabeth who is also pregnant with her.
But… it’s 10 years later. Alice is 39 years old and things are very different!
I really enjoyed this book – I haven’t been feeling well so I took full advantage of resting in bed with this book, and I finished it in two days! The twists and turns keep you coming back for more… It also gets the mind thinking – how would you feel if you couldn’t remember the last decade?!
Have you read it? What did you think?
Any other book recommendations?