The next lady to share her hometown truths is:
Stephanie from BEAUtiful Mess.
Name your hometown?
Katy, Texas but now I live in Richmond, TX… literally I could throw a rock and hit Katy, that’s how close they are to one another.
Where is your hometown located?
On the farrrr west side of Houston. About as far west as you can go and still be “kinda” in Houston but “kinda” out in the sticks. I like to say it’s close enough to the city to get there in 45 minutes but far enough away to not deal with traffic.
What does your house look like?
We just built our first home in December 2012! It’s a 1.5 storey, half brick/half stone, 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms with a very rustic/chic look and feel to it. (Yes-I just made up “rustic/chic” as a style.) 😉 To give you an idea, the master and other 2 bedrooms are downstairs (which will eventually be kiddos rooms!) and the 4th bedroom is upstairs, along with a bathroom and the game room. We added the upstairs just for guests and call it the “Guest Wing”. Original, right?! 😉
I never thought I’d say this but I work for a startup company! It’s a fairly new job with a Healthcare Software Company that’s getting ready to TAKE OFF and I am SO excited to be a part of it! I am the Communications Director where I’m held responsible for all things Marketing and Social Media related. I’m sure the position will evolve as time passes so I’m anxious to see where my company takes me. I also do some freelance writing on the side for my previous company. There’s just something about health blogging that brings out my passion!
What are your favourite hometown hobbies and activities?
- During the Summer time, you can always find me at the pool. ANYONE’S pool. I’m such a water baby it’s not even funny! 🙂
- I’m not a huge shopaholic but when I go on a splurge, the Houston Galleria is definitely where you’ll find me – 3 storeys of every woman’s DREAM!
- Top Golf is a LOT of fun too even though I suck at golf! Imagine a 3-storey driving range with targets on the ground. You compete with each other to try to get the most points on the target. Toss in a several bars and delicious food and I’d like to compare it to that of an adult daycare. 😉
- My husband and I aren’t huge bar hoppers so if we go anywhere, it’s usually somewhere “calm” like a sports bar or a restaurant bar. Sometimes, on a more “wild” night, we’ll hit up the old honky tonk I used to bartend at and two step to one too many songs together. 🙂
- We love trying to restaurants although we frequent the same restaurants ALL the time, too. We have a weakness for Tex-Mex and a good margarita!
- Galveston is about an hour away so if we need a beach, voila! When the season’s right, we love cheering on our Houston Texans and are suckers for college football, too!
I don’t know about you but I could enjoy a good time at the pool with Steph and sleepovers in her gorgeous new home.