What is Christmas without Christmas treats?
It just wouldn’t be the same without mince pies, Christmas pudding, pavlova, candy canes and gingerbread houses. And some of these are our favourite traditions – Christmas pudding at Christmas lunch, building gingerbread houses and Christmas baking. In our recent shoot, we were lucky enough play around with the delicious gingerbread dough and tase these yummy gingerbread men cookies.
Gingerbread Cookie Recipe:
- 313g unsalted butter
- 250g brown sugar
- 75g egg yolks
- 700g cake flour
- 7,5g bicarbonate of soda
- 20g ground ginger
- 7,5g ground cinnamon
- 125g maple syrup
- 125g water
- Cream the butter and brown sugar together until pale and fluffy.
- Sift together all the dry ingredients and add to the creamed butter.
- Add the yolks and maple syrup, lastly add the water, until a smooth cookie dough consistency is formed.
- Roll out the dough to a thickness of 5mm on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut out desired shape using a cookie cutter.
- Arrange on a baking tray, making sure to leave at least a 2cm gap between each cookie.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Decorate and enjoy!
Cookies and recipe: Cakelab
Photography: Poppit & Finch
What are your favourite Christmas sweet treats?