Following on from Becky’s awesome link up last week What my loved ones think about me…, I am now joining her in a recap of this post (comments on what our loved ones had to say!)
Read hers here.
What my husband says about me:
1. You need equal amounts of protein, veg and starch on your fork at mealtime, otherwise you will not finish your plate. (I.e. if you run out of one its knife and fork together time even if you have half a plate left)
2. You cannot sleep without a fan or Aircon – no matter how hot or cold it is
3. You don’t leave the house without a hair brush
4. You sleep with both your hands tucked up under your head in the prayer position (so beautiful)
5. You have amazing ball skills (hockey, tennis, golf, cricket, catching…)
This man knows me better than myself. He is my best friend and light of my life. It is not surprising then that he mentions my little quirks… I have to eat AROUND my plate and taste everything together. Ever since my stepdad installed my first aircon at the age of 10, I have slept with it on every night of my life and now my poor hubs has to freeze. I have an obsession with my hair being brushed, true Leo trait! I did play all those ball skills at school – must be genetic.
What my bestie says about me:
1. She has pretty toes.
2. She can’t sleep in planes.
3. She loves coca-cola.
4. She is a Leo and therefore loves taking care of her mane.
5. She produces the most beautiful children.
My bestie Rox knows me pretty well too – she knows the good, the bad and the ugly and she is super honest. What you see, is what you get. My toes look pretty next to hers (haha, because she doesn’t like her toes!), we travelled to Thailand together and while she splet for 7 hours straight on all 4 plane trips – I stayed wide awake! She now shares my addiction to Coca-Cola. Again, my true Leo personality shines through. And she is the most awesome second mom to our little SJ.
What my bestie’s husband says about me:
1. She is my wife’s bestie.
2. She hates running.
3. She doesn’t drink wine.
4. She hates the prowler.
5. She loves shopping.
Chad is quite clearly as man of few words, and he states the obvious – my dislike for any cardio workouts! Only a man would notice and comment on my dislike for wine and love of shopping!
What my mom-in-law says about me:
1. She loves to organize parties and functions and pays great attention to detail.
2. She has a catchy genuine laugh and a good sense of humour
3. She likes to wear bright colours and is not partial to wearing black.
4. When she tells a story she likes to punctuate it with the word “anyway,” quite a lot!
5. She has a thing about incorrect spelling and also dislikes text abbreviations.
Some may call me brave asking for comments from any in-law but this mom-in-law is super special and she knows me pretty well too. I also knew she would be honest. Thanks mom for being so complimentary – she has attended a few of my functions (and knows how anal I can be at organizing!). I’m glad I make her laugh 🙂 Haha, and one of those ways to make her laugh is my anal attitude towards English errors. Anyway…
What my sister-in-law says about me:
1. You detest pork and avocado.
2. You are the most amazing mom, wife, sister and friend.
3. You always have your nails painted.
4. You are obsessed with bikinis.
5. You are a good story teller.
Dear Debs is one of the sisters I never had, and she is also very honest. She is a complete foodie and cannot understand my dislike for pork or ago! She often comments on my bright coloured nails and toes – although her choice of blue recently was questionable… After numerous beach holidays together, she has noticed my bikini fetish and always listens to my stories.
What my new mommy-friend-bestie says about me:
C – could light up any room with her bright smile and distinctive laugh.
A – Always keen to lend a helping hand… my new but treasured friend!
L – loves her gorgeous daughter SJ & Husband to the moon & back and you don’t get much better in the line of wife and mom!
E – Enjoys a cuppa and a big piece of chocolate cake!! Speaking of baking…shes quite happy in the kitchen!!!
Y – Yesterday she was locum teaching;) She loves that too!!
Cands is a “new” friend, owner of the most unbelievable salon and mama to SJ’s bestie, Georgia. As you can tell, she is the sweetest and kindest lady I know, and it is evident why she is such a wonderful friend. She may say these things about me but she sounds like she is describing herself (besides the teaching!) and her little acronym is too cute!
Thank you to all these special loved ones for their kind words and amazing way they know me so well.